A printmaker trying to get to grips with lifes bigger questions and all with a warped squeegee....

.

Thursday 9 June 2011

wow


I spent a lovely week recently just looking at stuff.Old books,blogs,websites,sketchbooks etc.I think as a designer you can t afford to stop looking and searching for inspiration.Otherwise you re stuffed.
I discovered this beautiful children s book from 1965 about Noah s Ark and i adore it.Every single page.
It has some of the same qualities that Brian Wildsmith s illustrations have .So i scuttled off, (i scuttle when I m excited),and bought a lovely new sketchbook (something else i do when I m excited) and just drew and doodled and then did some potato printing ! Basic to basics-fantastic.The most basic form of printing but so satisfying .


No comments:

Post a Comment